My Planking Journey

It has been a journey. I went from the 24th of October starting at 30 seconds of planking in my Language Arts class, and now I’m at the end of a long journey at 10 minutes. When I first started, I wasn’t thinking that I could go long on the big challenge. A couple weeks in, we’re already at 1 minute, and the pain was starting to hurt sometimes. By the time we were at 1 minute and 30 seconds, I was feeling the pain a little bit more. Some days were slowly getting harder. When we were just ending, at 2 minutes and 15 seconds, I was thinking how I could get my goal of top 3 in the class and at least 5 minutes on top of that. It all came down to the final day. I didn’t have time to go on a mat, and listen to my motivational music that could’ve gotten me to win, but I still tried. I ended up getting top 3 and going 5 minutes past my goal! I was wondering if I could even do it in 5 minutes but I just kept pushing and I got to 10 minutes and 15 seconds. The reason I got so much was because of my mindset. I kept pushing myself nonstop and without the help of music and a mat, I gave it my all. It’s not really as much about core, it’s about the mindset you have that pushes you to keep going. My new daily habit will be dunking on a basketball hoop. Each day I will raise it for a challenge.